GL™ Grinding Wheels are 'Gold' for the Cutting Tool Industry
Last month CDT released its response to the competition's hybrid wheels to handle the extreme cutting conditions in tool grinding. Cutting Tool manufacturers have been pleasantly surprised by the results.
In a head-to-head comparison, the competitor's fluting was originally done in two passes. The CDT GL™ Bond achieved a single pass at double the feed rate with no damage to the workpiece while achieving a 25% increase in finish.
With equally outstanding primary and secondary grind results, the GL™ Bond increased the primary and secondary operations by four times while continuing to produce a better finish.
The GL™ Series for Tool & Cutter Grinding uses Advanced Bond technology, allowing for a quicker grind without losing the wheel edge. Flute from solid, regrind, gash and end work, and relief. Cutting Tool manufacturers will find:
- Excellent precision at the highest feed rates
- Increased productivity while lowering process costs
- Superior wheel life and long dressing interval
- Withstands cutting forces from high-speed, high-temperature applications
Because the GL™ bond is not your standard “one size fits all” but is tailored to the specific grinding application, it allows for the highest quality tool in the most efficient amount of time in the Cutting Tool industry. This level of customization is unique to CDT's newest bond.
These one-of-a-kind properties improve the performance of the CNC Tool and Cutter Grinder in many ways:
- Free cutting action with superior form retention and surface finish
- Self sharpening bond lengthens wheel life and dressing interval
- High material removal rate with high temperature stability
- Maximum heat dissipation with low and constant power consumption
- Optimal wheel profile stability lowers costs due to wear
If it's time to replace your old conventional worn parts with high quality precision grinding wheels and tools, you should consider CDT's GL™ Series for Tool & Cutter Grinding. Backed by more than 40 years of superior craftsmanship and expertise in this field, CDT products are made in America and generally ship in 15 days. CDT customer service techs are happy to look through the parameters of your project, make recommendations, and supply a competitive quote - call 800-443-6629 for more information.